This LaTeX document is available as postscript or asAdobe PDF.
10-637 Animal Models
Lesson 5 Assignment
L. R. Schaeffer, March 1999
Using simulation, generate
one hundred, 100, males from a population which had
and pB=0.2 for
and 100 females from a population with
frequencies of pA=0.3 and pB=0.7.
Mate each male and female only once to produce one offspring.
Assume that aA=2, aB=1, dA=0, and dB=0.
- Calculate the expected and actual frequencies of all
9 possible genotypes
in the progeny generation.
- Estimate the gene frequencies at each locus from the
actual data in the
- Calculate the amount of joint disequilibrium in
the progeny generation by comparing actual gamete
frequencies to expected gamete frequencies.
- Calculate the genetic variance at each locus separately
and for both loci together
using the actual data (not estimated frequencies),
then verify that
- Repeat the step 4 with dA=1 and