This LaTeX document is available as postscript or asAdobe PDF.
10-637 Animal Models
Lesson 3 Assignment
L. R. Schaeffer, March 1999
|p = .34
|q = .66
|a = 1
|d = .5,
- Calculate the expected values (using the above parameters) for
the population for the following items:
- Genotypic frequencies.
- Genotypic mean and variance.
- Additive deviations and variance.
- Dominance deviations and variance.
- Sample 50 males and 50 females to produce 50 offspring from
a population with the above parameters. Each male and female are
mated once each to produce one offspring.
- Calculate p and q for the sample of 50 offspring.
- Repeat requirement 1) using the sample estimates.
- How well do the results compare to the expected values?
- Suppose a locus has three (3) possible alleles with frequencies, p,
q, and u. Assume Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and determine the
formulas for genotypic frequencies, mean, and variance.