The Department of Animal Biosciences - Formerly Animal and Poultry Science
Sustainable and ethical animal production, care and use
The main goals of our research under this theme are to develop technologies and strategies to increase the efficiency of using resources to provide safe and nutritious animal products for consumers, and to improve the well-being of farm, companion, lab and zoo animals.
High quality and value-added animal products
Research under this theme is focused on the production of nutritionally enriched or tailored animal products to improve human and animal health and increase producer profit.
Animal models for human metabolism, nutrition and health
This research theme focuses on the use of alternative animal models for studying human health and physiology.
We have dynamic undergraduate programs in Animal Sciences and Animal Biology that are unique to Ontario. Our MSc and PhD programs attract students worldwide and are supported by $6m in research funds.
News & Announcements
- Students Bolster Wikipedia’s Pet Nutrition Content with Science
- WiFi now available in ANNU 030 and 110
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Tina Widowski
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Eduardo Ribeiro
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Christine Baes
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier