The Department of Animal Biosciences - Formerly Animal and Poultry Science
Sustainable and ethical animal production, care and use
The main goals of our research under this theme are to develop technologies and strategies to increase the efficiency of using resources to provide safe and nutritious animal products for consumers, and to improve the well-being of farm, companion, lab and zoo animals.
High quality and value-added animal products
Research under this theme is focused on the production of nutritionally enriched or tailored animal products to improve human and animal health and increase producer profit.
Animal models for human metabolism, nutrition and health
This research theme focuses on the use of alternative animal models for studying human health and physiology.
We have dynamic undergraduate programs in Animal Sciences and Animal Biology that are unique to Ontario. Our MSc and PhD programs attract students worldwide and are supported by $6m in research funds.
News & Announcements
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects
- AgInnovation Ontario - Firing up fibre digestion for hogs
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm