Over-drinking, over-eating, over-spending.
Just don't overlook your pets over the holiday season, says Dr. Kate Shoveller, a professor of biosciences at the University of Guelph.
Recent statistics show that 50 per cent of North Americans are overweight or obese and the same is true of their pets.
"And just like humans, being overweight can predispose dogs and cats to other diseases," Shoveller said in an interview. "They'll live a longer life and have a better quality of life if we watch their weight as well."
Shoveller has been studying pet nutrition for many years and thinks that Christmas is a good time to think about what you are feeding your pets.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm