Over one-hundred and twenty people were in attendance to listen to the innovative talks of four speakers including researchers Dr. Jeff Thomason, Dr. Katrina Merkies, Dr. Wendy Pearson, as well as Gayle Ecker from Equine Guelph. On Thursday March 3rd 2016 the First Annual Equine Research Day took place at the Lifetime Learning Centre at the Ontario Veterinary College. Topics included footing and hoof mechanics, whip use in quarter horse racing, equine nutrition, and barn fire prevention. The event was organized by a committee of University of Guelph students in the Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management (BBRM) – Equine Management degree program as a part of the culminating project for their required Equine Event Management course. MORE
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm