The Department of Animal Biosciences is pleased to announce two new faculty appointments. Drs. Eduardo Ribeiro and Katharine Wood will join the department in January 2016 and April 2016, respectively.
Ribeiro joins as an assistant professor in mammalian reproductive physiology. He comes to the University of Guelph from the University of Florida where he recently completed his PhD in animal molecular and cellular biology.
“Dr. Ribeiro completed his degree in June 2015 and has an impressive research output with over 17 peer reviewed articles targeting a variety of audiences,” explains Jim Squires, chair of the Department of Animal Biosciences. “His ability to communicate with the research community and producers and his experience in extension activities make him a great fit for our department.”
Wood joins the department as an assistant professor in beef cattle nutrition. Wood is a three-time alumna from the department receiving her Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, MSc and PhD all from the University of Guelph. She is currently a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Saskatchewan.
“We are pleased to welcome Dr. Wood back to the department,” shares Squires. “Her experience in applied and fundamental research in cow-calf and feedlot production systems will be invaluable in this role, and we are always thrilled to have the opportunity to welcome back a high calibre alumna like Dr. Wood.”
The hiring of Ribeiro and Wood are the most recent in a series by the department. Since the beginning of the year, the department has announced six new faculty members.
“It is truly an exciting time. These new positions all meet very strategic teaching, research and extension needs,” adds Squires.
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 12
- next ›