Apologies to the Thanksgiving turkey, but the word “poultry” is being dropped from the name of one of the biggest animal science departments in the country.
It’s true. For nearly a year, the University of Guelph’s research-intensive Department of Animal and Poultry Science has been testing the waters for the new name it chose — the Department of Animal Biosciences.
Now, after this long and thorough consultation period, the department has the green light from the university to change its website, letterhead and everything else that goes along with adopting a new name.
Read the entire article at realagriculture.com
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm