Tuesday & Wednesday May 2nd & 3rd 2017
Rozanski Hall, University of Guelph
A big thank you to those that have already submitted your proposals and for those that favour the last minute we have extended the deadline for your proposals or posters!
We want to know what is working for you and our students!
The theme of this year’s conference, Enhancing Teaching and Learning: The Evolution of the Lecture looks at the evolution of the lecture over the past 30 years. From the influx of technology into education and designing effective outcomes through to measuring student learning, research and practice. This year’s conference is sponsored by Open Ed with joint collaboration from the Library and all seven colleges at the University of Guelph.
To fit with our conference theme our keynote speaker will be Dr. Joe Kim from McMaster University. Kim is the Principal Investigator in the Applied Cognition in Education Lab from the Department of Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour, at McMaster- http://acelab.mcmaster.ca
We invite faculty, sessionals, instructors, staff and students to propose a 20-minute showcase, roundtable,* 50-minute workshop or a poster related to strategies that seek to enhance the student learning experience. We also encourage the submission of proposals that discuss how the lecture can be improved or utilized to improve student perspectives on learning.
*roundtables are another format to present your “showcase” with discussion
Please see the website for more details and inspiration for a session: https://opened.uoguelph.ca/instructor-resources/TLI
Proposals Now due by
February 28th March 10th 2017
To submit a proposal please follow this link https://uoguelph.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0kNUoUNPNIC0I97
for additional information, please contact: Janet Wolstenholme
email firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext. 58084
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- 1 of 11
- next ›
2017/08/22 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
2017/08/23 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/08/24 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/08/24 - 3:00pm to 4:30pm
2017/08/25 - 9:00am to 12:00pm