The Dairy Research and Innovation Centre is a new state‐of‐the‐art world‐class dairy research facility just opened in September 2015. This facility replaced the Elora Dairy Research Centre which has served the University of Guelph dairy research community for the past 45 years. Don’t miss this opportunity to be among the first students to work in this impressive facility.
Job Duties: Perform tasks similar to a large production dairy farm operation while regular staff are on vacation leave. Typical duties include feeding regular and research rations, cleaning, milking, maternity and calf care, animal handling, equipment operation, computer record keeping,research data collection, general maintenance of facility and other duties as required.
Eligibility: Requires commitment, dependability, attention to detail, reasonable physical strength and ability to work in a team setting. Previous production experience gained from working on a dairy farm is a definite asset. Be sure to include ALL details of previous dairy or equivalent experience on your resume in order to receive optimum consideration.
This is a great opportunity for students who enjoy dairy cattle production and take initiative in a mature and responsible manner and like the satisfaction of a good days work. Each person required to have driver’s license and have own reliable transportation to site.
Employment Details: Employment period is from mid to late April 2016 to September 05, 2016 (approx.). Working 40 hrs per week on rotating 10 hour shifts (shifts start at 4:30 am or 10:30 am), weekends and statutory holidays as scheduled. Starting wage is $14.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay and applicable statutory holiday
Application Details: PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME BY EMAIL ONLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org Elora Dairy Research Centre SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Feb. 12, 2016
Note: Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am