In two rooms a continent apart, lawmakers and lawyers wrestled Tuesday with a question that could shake the legal framework of interactions between man and beast: should animals be legally recognized as sentient beings?
In Quebec City, the National Assembly continued debate on Bill 54, which proposes animals be seen as “sentient beings,” rather than property, in the eyes of the province.
News & Announcements
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- Respecting research animals
- ABSc Twitter page
- Research Relationships Focus on Mink Mating
- Students Bolster Wikipedia’s Pet Nutrition Content with Science
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm