In two rooms a continent apart, lawmakers and lawyers wrestled Tuesday with a question that could shake the legal framework of interactions between man and beast: should animals be legally recognized as sentient beings?
In Quebec City, the National Assembly continued debate on Bill 54, which proposes animals be seen as “sentient beings,” rather than property, in the eyes of the province.
News & Announcements
- Staff Position Available: Undergraduate Program Assistant
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Computational Biology Position Available
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm