On March 14, 2014 Prof. Emeritus Ian Duncan appeared on Marketplace, on CBC News discussing a recent turkey welfare issue. Videos have surfaced of abuse done to birds at an Ottawa turkey breeding facility owned by Hybrid Turkeys.
The videos show improper methods of euthanasia and are quite graphic. Prof. Duncan watches the video on the news and comments saying the birds are not being properly monitored and that the treatment of the animals is not acceptable.
He also mentions that the public would be "Horrified that this is how their food is being produced."
Information on Prof. Duncan can be found here: http://www.uoguelph.ca/abw/people/#duncan
APS News Thursday March 27th, 2014 By: Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- WiFi now available in ANNU 030 and 110
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Tina Widowski
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Eduardo Ribeiro
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
2017/12/15 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm