On March 14, 2014 Prof. Emeritus Ian Duncan appeared on Marketplace, on CBC News discussing a recent turkey welfare issue. Videos have surfaced of abuse done to birds at an Ottawa turkey breeding facility owned by Hybrid Turkeys.
The videos show improper methods of euthanasia and are quite graphic. Prof. Duncan watches the video on the news and comments saying the birds are not being properly monitored and that the treatment of the animals is not acceptable.
He also mentions that the public would be "Horrified that this is how their food is being produced."
Information on Prof. Duncan can be found here: http://www.uoguelph.ca/abw/people/#duncan
APS News Thursday March 27th, 2014 By: Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- Food Institute Special Project
- Graduate Student Position Available - Animal Breeding and Functional Genomics
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- Respecting research animals
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm