On March 14, 2014 Prof. Emeritus Ian Duncan appeared on Marketplace, on CBC News discussing a recent turkey welfare issue. Videos have surfaced of abuse done to birds at an Ottawa turkey breeding facility owned by Hybrid Turkeys.
The videos show improper methods of euthanasia and are quite graphic. Prof. Duncan watches the video on the news and comments saying the birds are not being properly monitored and that the treatment of the animals is not acceptable.
He also mentions that the public would be "Horrified that this is how their food is being produced."
Information on Prof. Duncan can be found here: http://www.uoguelph.ca/abw/people/#duncan
APS News Thursday March 27th, 2014 By: Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
2018/04/24 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/24 - 2:00pm to 3:15pm
2018/04/26 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
2018/04/27 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/27 - 10:30am to 12:45pm