This summer position involves setting up and running poultry nutrition research trials as described in the research protocol. Specific duties will include feeding and weighing chickens, equipment operation, computer record keeping, research data collection, general maintenance of facility and other duties as required.
The position is for 35 hours per week at a rate to be determined based on experience. This position is funded by a government program so the following eligibility requirements MUST be met:
1) Student is a resident of Ontario (address during summer contract)
2) Student is legally entitled to work in Canada
3) Student is between 15 - 24 years of age (up to 29 with a disability) on the first day of employment and
4) Student is:
- enrolled in school for Sept. 2016; or
- student is currently attending school; or
- student is on academic break; or
- student has graduated within 6 months of the first day of employment (i.e. if student’s first day is May 1, 2016, the student would have had to graduate no earlier than November 1, 2015.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Emma Perozzo at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 9, 2016.
News & Announcements
- Genomics Project Gets $10.3 Million
- Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Research Helps Breeders Select the Next Generation of Cattle
- APS Professor Receives International Animal Welfare Award
- Dr. Tina Widowski, Egg Farmers of Canada Research Chair
- OAC Students Win North American Dairy Challenge
- Cow Inspired Choruses
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm