This summer position involves setting up and running poultry nutrition research trials as described in the research protocol. Specific duties will include feeding and weighing chickens, equipment operation, computer record keeping, research data collection, general maintenance of facility and other duties as required.
The position is for 35 hours per week at a rate to be determined based on experience. This position is funded by a government program so the following eligibility requirements MUST be met:
1) Student is a resident of Ontario (address during summer contract)
2) Student is legally entitled to work in Canada
3) Student is between 15 - 24 years of age (up to 29 with a disability) on the first day of employment and
4) Student is:
- enrolled in school for Sept. 2016; or
- student is currently attending school; or
- student is on academic break; or
- student has graduated within 6 months of the first day of employment (i.e. if student’s first day is May 1, 2016, the student would have had to graduate no earlier than November 1, 2015.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Emma Perozzo at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 9, 2016.
News & Announcements
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Congratulations to student Ilona Parenteau winning 2nd place at conference
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects
- AgInnovation Ontario - Firing up fibre digestion for hogs
- More Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am