This summer position involves setting up and running poultry nutrition research trials as described in the research protocol. Specific duties will include feeding and weighing chickens, equipment operation, computer record keeping, research data collection, general maintenance of facility and other duties as required.
The position is for 35 hours per week at a rate to be determined based on experience. This position is funded by a government program so the following eligibility requirements MUST be met:
1) Student is a resident of Ontario (address during summer contract)
2) Student is legally entitled to work in Canada
3) Student is between 15 - 24 years of age (up to 29 with a disability) on the first day of employment and
4) Student is:
- enrolled in school for Sept. 2016; or
- student is currently attending school; or
- student is on academic break; or
- student has graduated within 6 months of the first day of employment (i.e. if student’s first day is May 1, 2016, the student would have had to graduate no earlier than November 1, 2015.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Emma Perozzo at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 9, 2016.
News & Announcements
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm