A team of U of G students earned top honours at the North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge (NAIDC) held in Syracuse, New York, April 9-11. It is the fifth win for Guelph in 10 years.
OAC fourth-year students Laura Donkers, Myranda Morrison, Courtney O’Neill and Kevin Reijnen competed against teams from eight other schools and came up with the best plan to improve farm efficiency.
During the annual event, teams visit and evaluate a dairy farm business and prepare a presentation of recommended management enhancements, including suggestions for nutrition, reproduction, milking procedures, animal health, housing and financial management. The entire article is on atGuelph and can be found at http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2015/04/oac-students-win-north-american-dair... .
News & Announcements
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- Food Institute Special Project
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/15 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm