Please join us for the F.W. Presant Memorial Lecture, on Wednesday October 11th at 7:00pm in 1800 Pathobiology/AHL.
Dr. David Mellor, Professor, Institute of Vet, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, will be giving a lecture on "Thriving, not merely surviving: New keys for unlocking impediments to the enhancement of animal welfare." In this talk, Dr. Mellor will provide some insight and examples about how we can update our thinking on animal welfare.
*The F.W. Presant Memorial Lecture honors Fred Presant, a 1923 graduate of OAC who was involved in the formation of the OAC Alumni Foundation in the 1930s. He played a significant role in establishment of the University of Guelph in the early sixties. This special event is organized biannually by CCSAW with the goal of providing opportunities for students, local scientists and members of the food animal industries to engage in discussion with world leaders in farm animal welfare. All are welcome! Coffee and tea will be served.
News & Announcements
- ABSc Twitter page
- Research Relationships Focus on Mink Mating
- Students Bolster Wikipedia’s Pet Nutrition Content with Science
- WiFi now available in ANNU 030 and 110
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Tina Widowski
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Eduardo Ribeiro
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Christine Baes
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm