As most of the departmental community is aware, construction on the new state-of-the-art $25 million Dairy Innovation Centre at Elora Dairy Research Station is underway. Funding has been sourced from Agricultural Research Institute of Ontario and the Dairy Farmers of Canada. The money gifted from the DFC has helped get the project off the ground. This DFC grant was given through the BetterPlanet Project, a $200 M fund raising campaign for teaching and research in food, environment, health and communities. This grant will also fund a permanent faculty position in dairy microbiology. For more information see the following links.
By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’