The Department of Animal Biosciences is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Abigail Carpenter, Assistant Professor in applied dairy nutrition management. Dr. Carpenter starts on August 2, 2016 and will be located at the Ridgetown Campus.
“I’m so very pleased to be enhancing our dairy research team with the addition of Dr. Carpenter, and I’m excited about the opportunity to have her located at the Ridgetown Campus,” says Jim Squires, Chair, Department of Animal Biosciences. “Her mandate will include teaching, research and industry extension focused on improving dairy cow and calf nutrition at the farm level.”
“Dr. Carpenter’s interests in the dairy industry, combined with her previous experience working with students, will be a valued addition,” shares Ken McEwan, Director, Ridgetown Campus. “We have a large contingent of students from dairy operations across the province studying in the Associate Diploma in Agriculture program. Dr. Carpenter’s involvement in experiential learning is a great fit for our students.”
Dr. Carpenter comes to the University of Guelph from the Kansas State University where she completed her Ph.D. in ruminant nutrition and was involved in postdoctoral research and teaching. Her research focuses on the nutritional physiology and management of transition cattle.
In 2016 Dr. Carpenter received the American Dairy Science Association’s Midwest Young Dairy Scholar award. She has published six papers and coached the Kansas State University Dairy Judging team for three years. Her M.Sc. in Animal Science is from the University of Minnesota.
News & Announcements
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
2018/04/26 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
2018/04/27 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/27 - 10:30am to 12:45pm
2018/04/27 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/05/01 - 9:00am to 12:00pm