The Department of Animal Biosciences is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Abigail Carpenter, Assistant Professor in applied dairy nutrition management. Dr. Carpenter starts on August 2, 2016 and will be located at the Ridgetown Campus.
“I’m so very pleased to be enhancing our dairy research team with the addition of Dr. Carpenter, and I’m excited about the opportunity to have her located at the Ridgetown Campus,” says Jim Squires, Chair, Department of Animal Biosciences. “Her mandate will include teaching, research and industry extension focused on improving dairy cow and calf nutrition at the farm level.”
“Dr. Carpenter’s interests in the dairy industry, combined with her previous experience working with students, will be a valued addition,” shares Ken McEwan, Director, Ridgetown Campus. “We have a large contingent of students from dairy operations across the province studying in the Associate Diploma in Agriculture program. Dr. Carpenter’s involvement in experiential learning is a great fit for our students.”
Dr. Carpenter comes to the University of Guelph from the Kansas State University where she completed her Ph.D. in ruminant nutrition and was involved in postdoctoral research and teaching. Her research focuses on the nutritional physiology and management of transition cattle.
In 2016 Dr. Carpenter received the American Dairy Science Association’s Midwest Young Dairy Scholar award. She has published six papers and coached the Kansas State University Dairy Judging team for three years. Her M.Sc. in Animal Science is from the University of Minnesota.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am