The Department of Animal and Poultry Science is pleased to announce Dr. Christine Baes will be taking up the Semex – Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) – Holstein Canada Professorship in Dairy Genomics effective June 1, 2015. Dr. Baes will join the department as an assistant professor.
The position is supported by a $750,000 gift from Semex Alliance, Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) and Holstein Canada.
Dr. Baes has a PhD in Animal Science from Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, Germany. She has six years of postdoctoral experience and has published 14 peer reviewed papers. Her research program is in cutting edge genomics and she has developed extensive collaborations with groups worldwide.
"The search committee was very impressed with Dr. Baes' teaching and interpersonal skills. These are exciting times and I am sure that Christine will make a significant contribution to the department and the University's Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock," shares Prof. Jim Squires, Interim Chair of the Department of Animal and Poultry Science.
Dr. Baes will serve Canada's dairy sector through research, participation in key conference and events, and the training of genetics professionals.
News & Announcements
- More Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Project Gets $10.3 Million
- Success at the 104th Poultry Science Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky
- Genomics Research Helps Breeders Select the Next Generation of Cattle
- APS Professor Receives International Animal Welfare Award
- Dr. Tina Widowski, Egg Farmers of Canada Research Chair
- OAC Students Win North American Dairy Challenge
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm