The Department of Animal and Poultry Science is pleased to announce Dr. Christine Baes will be taking up the Semex – Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) – Holstein Canada Professorship in Dairy Genomics effective June 1, 2015. Dr. Baes will join the department as an assistant professor.
The position is supported by a $750,000 gift from Semex Alliance, Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) and Holstein Canada.
Dr. Baes has a PhD in Animal Science from Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, Germany. She has six years of postdoctoral experience and has published 14 peer reviewed papers. Her research program is in cutting edge genomics and she has developed extensive collaborations with groups worldwide.
"The search committee was very impressed with Dr. Baes' teaching and interpersonal skills. These are exciting times and I am sure that Christine will make a significant contribution to the department and the University's Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock," shares Prof. Jim Squires, Interim Chair of the Department of Animal and Poultry Science.
Dr. Baes will serve Canada's dairy sector through research, participation in key conference and events, and the training of genetics professionals.
News & Announcements
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm