The Department of Animal and Poultry Science is pleased to announce Dr. Christine Baes will be taking up the Semex – Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) – Holstein Canada Professorship in Dairy Genomics effective June 1, 2015. Dr. Baes will join the department as an assistant professor.
The position is supported by a $750,000 gift from Semex Alliance, Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) and Holstein Canada.
Dr. Baes has a PhD in Animal Science from Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, Germany. She has six years of postdoctoral experience and has published 14 peer reviewed papers. Her research program is in cutting edge genomics and she has developed extensive collaborations with groups worldwide.
"The search committee was very impressed with Dr. Baes' teaching and interpersonal skills. These are exciting times and I am sure that Christine will make a significant contribution to the department and the University's Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock," shares Prof. Jim Squires, Interim Chair of the Department of Animal and Poultry Science.
Dr. Baes will serve Canada's dairy sector through research, participation in key conference and events, and the training of genetics professionals.
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
2017/12/13 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2017/12/14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm