The Department of Animal and Poultry Science is pleased to announce Dr. Christine Baes will be taking up the Semex – Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) – Holstein Canada Professorship in Dairy Genomics effective June 1, 2015. Dr. Baes will join the department as an assistant professor.
The position is supported by a $750,000 gift from Semex Alliance, Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) and Holstein Canada.
Dr. Baes has a PhD in Animal Science from Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, Germany. She has six years of postdoctoral experience and has published 14 peer reviewed papers. Her research program is in cutting edge genomics and she has developed extensive collaborations with groups worldwide.
"The search committee was very impressed with Dr. Baes' teaching and interpersonal skills. These are exciting times and I am sure that Christine will make a significant contribution to the department and the University's Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock," shares Prof. Jim Squires, Interim Chair of the Department of Animal and Poultry Science.
Dr. Baes will serve Canada's dairy sector through research, participation in key conference and events, and the training of genetics professionals.
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 13
- next ›
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
2017/12/21 - 9:00am to 12:00pm