On a freezing cold late afternoon in February, 14 women gathered in a meeting room at the provincial Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs office in Woodstock to talk about some weighty issues facing women in the agricultural sector.
Maternity issues, and their impact on a career, were the focus of this meeting. They talked about the challenge of farming with preschool children, trying to find child care in isolated rural areas, how maternity benefits don't extend universally and in business, how client relationships can wane when maintaining them is entrusted to a temporary employee. See the rest of the Guelph Mercury's coumn at New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion .
News & Announcements
- Uploading to room 141
- U of G Ghost Walk Happy Halloween!
- College Idol 2014 Happy Halloween!
- APS Sept. 2014 BBQ Fun!
- OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award Goes to Dr. Andy Robinson
- Congratulations to Dr. Trevor DeVries for receiving the Lellemand Animal Nutrition Award for his work in dairy
- Congratulations to department members for recent awards at CSAS