On a freezing cold late afternoon in February, 14 women gathered in a meeting room at the provincial Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs office in Woodstock to talk about some weighty issues facing women in the agricultural sector.
Maternity issues, and their impact on a career, were the focus of this meeting. They talked about the challenge of farming with preschool children, trying to find child care in isolated rural areas, how maternity benefits don't extend universally and in business, how client relationships can wane when maintaining them is entrusted to a temporary employee. See the rest of the Guelph Mercury's coumn at New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion .
News & Announcements
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am