On a freezing cold late afternoon in February, 14 women gathered in a meeting room at the provincial Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs office in Woodstock to talk about some weighty issues facing women in the agricultural sector.
Maternity issues, and their impact on a career, were the focus of this meeting. They talked about the challenge of farming with preschool children, trying to find child care in isolated rural areas, how maternity benefits don't extend universally and in business, how client relationships can wane when maintaining them is entrusted to a temporary employee. See the rest of the Guelph Mercury's coumn at New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion .
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’