On a freezing cold late afternoon in February, 14 women gathered in a meeting room at the provincial Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs office in Woodstock to talk about some weighty issues facing women in the agricultural sector.
Maternity issues, and their impact on a career, were the focus of this meeting. They talked about the challenge of farming with preschool children, trying to find child care in isolated rural areas, how maternity benefits don't extend universally and in business, how client relationships can wane when maintaining them is entrusted to a temporary employee. See the rest of the Guelph Mercury's coumn at New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion .
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am