Michelle Hunniford - “Designing alternatives: Assessing how hens perceive nesting spaces in large furnished cages”
Teresa Casey-Trott - “Effect of keel status on general activity patterns of laying hens in large furnished cages”
Hillary Dalton - "Analysis of beak shape in domestic turkeys using landmark-based geometric morphometrics”
Past APS student Mikayla Baxter' poster presentation was called "Spectrum lighting for layers in a commercial environment: Does a 60% red LED bulb work?”
Special congratulations to Teresa Casey-Trott who was awarded the PSA Graduate Student Travel Award. Teresa's photo and biography will be published in the December Poultry Science Journal.
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’