Dr. Cedric Gondro, a Professor at Michigan State University, will present a special CGIL Seminar on Monday, December 18th. The seminar will begin at 2:00 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of Dr. Gondro's presentation is: "Livestock breeding in the age of NGS- Stories from Australia and Korea ".
- Development of methods to estimate breed composition using SNP data
- Identification of biomarkers for residual feed intake
- Quality control and development of a pipeline for SNP chip data
- Estimation of variability and heritability in gene expression
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
2018/01/25 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/01/26 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/02/10 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018/02/16 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/03/03 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm