It is with sympathy and sadness that we share the passing of Prof. Kees de Lange on August 1, 2016. Kees was a professor of swine nutrition in the Department of Animal Biosciences, joining the University of Guelph in 1994.
He was a member of the department executive and focused on research strategies. He published more than 150 peer reviewed papers and book chapters, and presented more than 130 papers at major swine nutrition extension events. He was the 2010 recipient of the Canadian Society of Animal Science Excellence in Nutrition and Meat Quality award, the 2012 recipient of the American Feed Industry Association Award in Non-ruminant Nutrition Research from the American Society of Animal Science, and the 2013 recipient of the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Extension Award. He supervised more than 50 graduate students and post-doctoral fellows, many of which have secured leading positions in the animal feed industry or faculty positions in leading universities.
Please check the University of Guelph's homepage for information regarding funeral arrangements.
News & Announcements
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm