In the third week of "Principles of Selection in Animal Breeding" course’s Journal Club (Course ANSC*6210; Instructor: Angela Canovas), we will discuss the following papers:
- P. Arvelius & G. Klemetsdal. 2013 How Swedish breeders can substantially increase the genetic gain for the English Setter’s hunting traits. Student: Lindsay Crawford
- Martin-Collado, et al. 2016. An evaluation of alternative selection indexes for a non-linear profit trait approaching its economic optimum. Student: Erin Massender
- Vukasinovic et al., 2017. Develpment of genetic and genomic evaluation for wellness traits in US Holstein cows. Student: Sarah Buttle
The students will present their paper’s review in a short presentation (12 min) followed by an open discussion (8 min) where all of us can participate.
As usual, we will also be making this seminar available remotely from room 141 using Fuze. If you wish to attend remotely follow this link: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/18bc389a/31625830. The room will be ready for connecting at around 1pm. Please connect before 1:25 if you plan to do so. Meeting ID is 316-25-830 for those who already have the Fuze client installed which is preferred.
Please mute your mic and cam for the presentation itself. You can unmute the mic and optionally cam if you want to speak to the room.
I look forward to seeing each of you on Friday,
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- 1 of 11
- next ›
2017/08/22 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
2017/08/23 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/08/24 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/08/24 - 3:00pm to 4:30pm
2017/08/25 - 9:00am to 12:00pm