Congratulations to Dr. John Cant for his news release on the anti-cancer effects of selenium enhanced cow milk. By feeding cows and organic selenium feed additive, produced by yeast, selenium is successfully incorporated into milk casein protein, an integral milk component. This milk based selenium has been shown to have the ability to reduce human breast cancer tumors.
For the complete article please visit the following link: http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2014/11/selenium-in-cows-milk-may-help-shrink-tumours/
News & Announcements
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- Food Institute Special Project
- Graduate Student Position Available - Animal Breeding and Functional Genomics
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- Respecting research animals
2017/10/20 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/10/27 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/11/07 - 9:00am to 12:00pm