Once again, the University of Guelph was successful at the Intercollegiate Animal Welfare Judging Contest which was held this year at The Ohio State University in Columbus this past weekend.
In the Undergraduate Division, Guelph Team Black comprising Danielle Fawcett, Alana Shular, Priyanka Thavarajah and Sierra Vigna, came second overall (out of 13 teams) and Guelph Team Red of Carleigh Cathcart, Madeline Collins and Emma Lamoure came fifth. Both teams were coached by Dr. Ian Duncan. Sierra came 4th in the individual competition.
In the Graduate Division, the Guelph Team of Nicole Bermingham, Lorri Jensen, Allison Moorman, Caroline von Waldburg-Zeil and Aubrie Willmott-Johnson, coach by Dr. Tina Widowski, came second. Caroline came 2nd and Allison came 4th in the individual competition.
News & Announcements
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- 3MT Winners Announced!