Animal and Poultry Science' Holly McGill was featured on At Guelph, Friday the 14th of February. She is a new Master of Science student who is continuing on with her undergraduate project entitled “The Effect of Direct-Fed Microbials on Nutrient Digestibility in Lactating Dairy Cows.” Her study aims to answer the question; Do probiotics have the same beneficial effects on cows as they do on humans? Working with Dr. Brian McBride, they are striving to increase feed efficiency through the use of probiotics during the time leading up to parturition and on set of lactation. This could be particularly beneficial to the dairy industry since cows rend to reduce feed intake at this time while energy demands are increased substantially.
News & Announcements
- College Idol 2014 Happy Halloween!
- APS Sept. 2014 BBQ Fun!
- OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award Goes to Dr. Andy Robinson
- Congratulations to Dr. Trevor DeVries for receiving the Lellemand Animal Nutrition Award for his work in dairy
- Congratulations to department members for recent awards at CSAS
- Pick a dept BBQ day!
- Bringing Farmers Out of the Barn and Back to the Family
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am