Animal and Poultry Science' Holly McGill was featured on At Guelph, Friday the 14th of February. She is a new Master of Science student who is continuing on with her undergraduate project entitled “The Effect of Direct-Fed Microbials on Nutrient Digestibility in Lactating Dairy Cows.” Her study aims to answer the question; Do probiotics have the same beneficial effects on cows as they do on humans? Working with Dr. Brian McBride, they are striving to increase feed efficiency through the use of probiotics during the time leading up to parturition and on set of lactation. This could be particularly beneficial to the dairy industry since cows rend to reduce feed intake at this time while energy demands are increased substantially.
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 13
- next ›
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
2017/12/21 - 9:00am to 12:00pm