A University of Guelph professor has been honoured with a top award from the British Society of Animal Science and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Prof. Georgia Mason, Animal Biosciences, received the RSPCA/BSAS Award for Innovative Developments in Animal Welfare at the International Society for Applied Ethology conference in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Mason, a behavioural biologist, was recognized for her pioneering research, which has led to a better understanding of the effects of captivity on animals and how their welfare can be improved.
She studies how animals cope with captive housing conditions and is currently researching the cage size of farmed mink.
News & Announcements
- WiFi now available in ANNU 030 and 110
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Tina Widowski
- University of Guelph: 60 Second Snapshots - Eduardo Ribeiro
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
2017/12/15 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
2017/12/18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/12/18 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
2017/12/20 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm