A University of Guelph professor has been honoured with a top award from the British Society of Animal Science and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Prof. Georgia Mason, Animal Biosciences, received the RSPCA/BSAS Award for Innovative Developments in Animal Welfare at the International Society for Applied Ethology conference in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Mason, a behavioural biologist, was recognized for her pioneering research, which has led to a better understanding of the effects of captivity on animals and how their welfare can be improved.
She studies how animals cope with captive housing conditions and is currently researching the cage size of farmed mink.
News & Announcements
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
- Pointing Researchers To Practical, Beneficial Beef Industry Projects
- AgInnovation Ontario - Firing up fibre digestion for hogs
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm