Dr. Mohsen Jafarikia, a geneticist at the Canadian Centre for Swine Improvement Inc. (CCSI) and Adjunct Faculty at CGIL, will present the CGIL Seminar on Friday, March 9th. The seminar will begin at 1:15 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of his presentation is: "Genomic Evaluation in Pigs ".
Dr. Mohsen Jafarikia was born and raised in the city of Mashhad in the northeast of Iran. He completed his M.Sc. at the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran. He then moved to Guelph in 2003 to do his Ph.D. He has been working as a Geneticist, R&D for CCSI since 2007 and has worked on projects mainly involved in swine genomics and delivering meaningful practical applications of genomics to the industry.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (email@example.com)
News & Announcements
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms
- Making better milk through cow behaviour
- New Assistant Prof in Companion Animal Nutrition
- OAC Dean Rob Gordon to Become VP Research at Laurier
- Precision Feeding is The Future of Swine Production by Library PigCHAMP (Sep 15, 2015)
- New Ag Women’s Network being fuelled by passion
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm