Dr. Mohsen Jafarikia, a geneticist at the Canadian Centre for Swine Improvement Inc. (CCSI) and Adjunct Faculty at CGIL, will present the CGIL Seminar on Friday, March 9th. The seminar will begin at 1:15 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of his presentation is: "Genomic Evaluation in Pigs ".
Dr. Mohsen Jafarikia was born and raised in the city of Mashhad in the northeast of Iran. He completed his M.Sc. at the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran. He then moved to Guelph in 2003 to do his Ph.D. He has been working as a Geneticist, R&D for CCSI since 2007 and has worked on projects mainly involved in swine genomics and delivering meaningful practical applications of genomics to the industry.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm