Dr. Hakimeh Emamgholi Begli, a CGIL Post Doctoral Fellow, will present the CGIL Seminar on Friday, November 24th. The seminar will begin at 1:30 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of her presentation is: "Genetic Studies in Poultry (Chicken and Turkey)".
Dr. Hakimeh Emamgholi Begli completed her undergraduate studies in poultry science at Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources in Iran. She continued her work in animal breeding through a Master's degree at the same institution focusing on estimation of genetic parameters for economic traits and polymorphisms of Prolactin and PEPCK-C genes in native fowls. Following her Master's degree, she continued to work at the Hatchery Company as a production and statistics expert. At the same time, she was working as a researcher at the Animal Science Institute. She completed her PhD at Tarbiat Modares University in Iran, focusing on the “Genetic analysis of feed efficiency in poultry”. During her PhD, she had the opportunity to spend 10 months as a visiting student at Aarhus University in Denmark and she has experience in teaching at Qods University in Iran. Currently, Dr. Emamgholi Begli is a Postdoctoral Fellow under the supervision of Dr. Christine Baes and Dr. Ben Wood at the University of Guelph, where she is working on production, broodiness and beak traits in turkey.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze. Following the presentation, a recording will be available for those unable to attend.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 12
- next ›