Saturday, March 3, 2018 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
OVC Pathobiology AHL Room 1800
“Equine Research Day is a student run event to discuss improving the relationship between people and horses, connecting the equine industry through new ideas and concepts presented by equine professionals. On Saturday March 3rd, 2018 from 1pm-4pm; the BBRM program will be running the third annual Equine Research Day, hosted at the University of Guelph. This year’s research day will feature three key note speakers. These professionals will be discussing their most recent research involving the improvement of equine health and welfare. These events have been focused on spreading new and on-going research with the equine community, this way an audience coming from many different backgrounds can gather to learn, network, and discuss trends and interested presented in the research. Come out to support the BBRM program and learn about current research in the equine industry.”
Alongside professional equine researcher we would like to display student research posters that involve horses. This provides further opportunity for attendees to learn about the equine research that the University of Guelph is involved with, as well as where more research is needed in the industry. By displaying your poster at Equine Research Day, you will be able to practice presenting and answering questions about your research to a small audience in a relaxed atmosphere. There will be a break/intermission throughout the day that will allow the attendees to circulate through the research posters to listen and ask questions.
If you are interested in having your poster displayed at Equine Research Day or more questions about participating in the event please contact:
Melissa McGilloway ( firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 2nd, 2018
More information regarding Equine Research Day will be release leading up to the event through Facebook, Instagram, and Eventbrite:
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/08/17 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm