Congratulations to Dr. Alexandra Harlander's laboratory for their debut on UoG's atGuelph news release site. Her lab has been featured on APS News in the past and she is the recipient of an NSERC Discovery Grant last month. The group is working to investigate the development of locomotion in laying hens and looking into causes of and ways to prevent keel bone fractures in laying hens housed in non-caged systems and aviary systems.
To view the full article on atGuelph please see the following link. http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2014/07/research-aims-to-improve-living-conditions-of-chickens/
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’