Our very own, Prof. Andy Robinson chair of Animal and Poultry Science, is collaborating with the manager of sustainable production at Ontario Ministry of Food and Agriculture (OMAF), Joanne Hadley, on a new learner centered program for agriculture students. Each summer five 3rd or 4th year students are chosen and paired mentors from the Guelph agricultural research community. They go into the field and help with research projects in the field, collecting and reviewing results and delivering information to agri-food stakeholders. The program offers an opportunity for students to learn hands-on research techniques and communication skills. For more please go to the original article on AtGuelph by Joey Sabljic found at the following link.
APS News January 24, 2014. By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am