Our very own, Prof. Andy Robinson chair of Animal and Poultry Science, is collaborating with the manager of sustainable production at Ontario Ministry of Food and Agriculture (OMAF), Joanne Hadley, on a new learner centered program for agriculture students. Each summer five 3rd or 4th year students are chosen and paired mentors from the Guelph agricultural research community. They go into the field and help with research projects in the field, collecting and reviewing results and delivering information to agri-food stakeholders. The program offers an opportunity for students to learn hands-on research techniques and communication skills. For more please go to the original article on AtGuelph by Joey Sabljic found at the following link.
APS News January 24, 2014. By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’