Our very own, Prof. Andy Robinson chair of Animal and Poultry Science, is collaborating with the manager of sustainable production at Ontario Ministry of Food and Agriculture (OMAF), Joanne Hadley, on a new learner centered program for agriculture students. Each summer five 3rd or 4th year students are chosen and paired mentors from the Guelph agricultural research community. They go into the field and help with research projects in the field, collecting and reviewing results and delivering information to agri-food stakeholders. The program offers an opportunity for students to learn hands-on research techniques and communication skills. For more please go to the original article on AtGuelph by Joey Sabljic found at the following link.
APS News January 24, 2014. By Judy Stryker
News & Announcements
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 12
- next ›