Sustainable and ethical animal production, care and use
The main goals of our research under this theme are to develop technologies and strategies to increase the efficiency of using resources to provide safe and nutritious animal products for consumers, and to improve the well-being of farm, companion, lab and zoo animals.
High quality and value-added animal products
Research under this theme is focused on the production of nutritionally enriched or tailored animal products to improve human and animal health and increase producer profit.
Animal models for human metabolism, nutrition and health
This research theme focuses on the use of alternative animal models for studying human health and physiology.
We have dynamic undergraduate programs in Animal Sciences and Animal Biology that are unique to Ontario. Our MSc and PhD programs attract students worldwide and are supported by $6m in research funds.
News & Announcements
- Dr. John Walton Nominated for Medal of Merit
- New era in animal nutrition targets humans, too
- APS CCSAW Symposium winners!
- Department Name Change
- Congratulations to Tania Archbold for her Women of Distinction Nomination
- Congratulations to APS Faculty Members Receiving 2014 NSERC Funding
- U of G Maintains Heritage Poultry Breeds on atGuelph