The Department of Animal and Poultry Science (APS) would like to congratulate Dr. Kees de Lange as the recipient of the 2013 OAC Extension Award presented by the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) Alumni Association. Dr. De Lange was nominated primarily for his work on liquid hog feed development and introducing the term 'co-product' into the vocabulary of progressive hog farmers in Ontario. Dr. Kees de Lange has also developed the nutritional modeling software used by the feed industry extensively.
Prof. De Lange began his commitment to the Ontario swine industry back in 1999 and went on the set up the first liquid feeding research station in North America. The award was presented to Dr. de Lange at the OAC Welcome Back BBQ on Thursday September 19 on Johnson Green where he was applauded by a slew of APS supporters. His award is also supported by Ontario Pork and the Ontario Ministry of Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).
His award will go well with his achievement last summer where he won the 2012 American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) American Feed Industry Association Award in Non-ruminant Nutrition Research also for his contributions to swine nutrition. For this story please visit this AtGuelph link.
Again the Dept. of APS would like to extend a heart felt congratulations to our Dr. Kees de Lange for this outstanding achievement!
by Judy Stryker
Written with information from APS Chair Andy Robinson
News & Announcements
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/04/24 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/24 - 2:00pm to 3:15pm
2018/04/26 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
2018/04/27 - 9:00am to 12:00pm