Peter Park, Dr. Trevor DeVries and Dr. Filippo Miglior won awards for Canadian Society of Animal Science at the 2016 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Salt Lake City, Utah. Peter Park placed third in the Graduate Student Oral Competition. Animal Industries Award in Extension and Public Service was awarded to Trevor DeVries and is awarded to CSAS members to recognise outstanding service to the animal industries of Canada in technology transfer, leadership and education in animal production. The recipient of the award may be employed in any sector of the Canadian animal industry. The contribution to advancement of education and technology transfer in animal agriculture in Canada must have been outstanding and sustained over time. Filippo Miglior received the Award in Technical Innovation in Enhancing Production of Safe Affordable Food. This award recognizes excellence in technical innovation and teaching with particular emphasis in the fields of biotechnology, genetics, physiology and animal behavior. The award requires a demonstration that the recipient had contributed to the production of safe and affordable food.
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’